GLEN PARK STUNNING CONTEMPORARY VIEW RESIDENCE
INSPIRED | EXPANSIVE | ARTISTIC
42 CHENERY STREET @ 30TH & Church | SOLD FOR $2,500,000
3 Levels | 5 Bedrooms | 5 ½ Baths | Formal Living Room/Dining Area | Chef’s Kitchen
Den/Office | Media Room | View Decks | Entry Level Finished Rooms | NEST Thermostats
Solar System | Shared Garden/Patio | Garage | ½ block to Noe Valley | Tech Location
Flawlessly integrating form and function, this three-story stand-alone condominium is a masterful expression of modern design with a clear aesthetic vision that is both bold and graceful. Semi-detached residence, built in 2000, this stunning home has been handsomely updated rendering an exceptionally flexible floor plan.
This house has naturally finished oak and maple floors accented with crisp white walls that unify the array of spaces, all of them connected by a central staircase lined with a sheer wall of steel cables and panels of architectural glass. The expansive windows/glass doors boast view decks with sweeping City views that invite a wonderful urban expression of outdoor living, Nowhere is this more impressive than from the penthouse level. Additionally, the house’s shared garden, with its built-in barbecue, provides a wonderful place for social gatherings or quiet relaxation.
Spacious living areas on each floor provide the ultimate flexibility for entertaining, media, and work-at-home. Serving it all is a handsome chef’s kitchen plus two entertainment bars. Features of this artistic home include 5 generously sized bedrooms and 5.5 baths, a group that includes two master suites. The pièce de résistance is the master suite on the third level with an extraordinary design that artfully combines the bedroom with an open rain shower in a dazzling display of heated glass mosaic tile floor and tile surround. This space was awarded the Grand Prize at the 2009 Watermark Awards for architecture by architect Mark English.
One of just two condominiums that share no common walls and fully separated from 40 Chenery this unique residence is not only sophisticated and chic, but offers an incredible setting on the edge of Noe Valley with its access to highly coveted schools. The location is just one block from the ‘tech shuttles’ to Silicon Valley, has a “Walker’s Paradise” Walk Score of 92, (including proximity to a variety of award-winning restaurants), a “Very Bikeable” score of 84, and an “Excellent” Transit score of 77. The best of City living is close at hand with fine restaurants, neighborhood schools, recreation center/park, restaurants/cafes and boutique shopping.
ENTRY LEVEL – Common Entrance
- A wall of glass integrates the front entry with the common area and via a shared garden allows access to the other condominium, a free-standing unit at the western end of the lot.
- Spacious Garage with Storage
- Sleek, modern grey porcelain tile defines the ground floor. It surrounds an elevated steel platform that supports the all-oak staircase that leads to three levels of living space. The staircase is framed by a continuous succession of vertical cables suspended from the ceiling and anchored in a steel beam – a dramatic gesture that raises expectation.
- Accessed by a separate entrance are two large flexible-use rooms and bath. Each room feature Brazilian cherry floors, recessed lights; a sliding glass door opens to the garden.
- These finished rooms, separated from living quarters, are perfect for – private guest suite, au pair quarters, home office, home gym/yoga & pilates studio or storage rooms.
MAIN LEVEL – Living Room/Dining Area, Kitchen, Den, ½ Bath, Bedroom En suite
- Expansive oak floors with a natural matte finish extend throughout this level; crisp white walls and ceilings throughout the home are complemented with significant recessed lighting, architectural mirrors, and an open staircase framed by clear glass panels.
- Formal living and dining room/great room combination spans the front of the home, each area with a tray ceiling and expansive tree-and City-view windows; a custom-designed linear gas fireplace in the living area is encased in sleek steel.
- Chef’s kitchen is beautifully appointed with white cabinetry, topped with grey quartz slab countertops and fully mirrored backslashes. Top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances include: Viking gas cooktop with 4 burners and grill.
- Main living areas features a powder room with travertine wainscot and pedestal sink.
- Den has sliding glass doors to a view deck and a wet bar with quartz counters.
- Guest en suite boasts a light-filled bedroom with French door to rear deck. Spa bath.
SECOND LEVEL – Family/Play Room, 3 Bedrooms, Master En suite, View Deck
- A flexible-use, open area ideal for family living, a study or center playroom.
- Master bedroom en suite spans the rear of the home with an open concept bedroom and bath with a French door that opens to a private view deck.
- The newly carpeted bedroom adjoins an elevated platform entirely finished in contemporary glass mosaic tiles sloping to a center drain beneath a large rainspout shower. Vertical glass tiles adorn the shower’s curved wall set between two glass vessel sink vanities with mirrors suspended from the ceiling. A translucent sliding glass door conceals a private bidet/commode room, also with a glass sink vanity.
- At the front, two additional bedrooms each have expansive windows and new carpet.
- Hallway bathroom offers a stone-topped vanity and separate shower/tub.
PENTHOUSE LEVEL – Entertainment Space, Full Bath and Bedroom Suite, Expansive Decks with smashing San Francisco Bay, East Bay and Mountain Views.
- Spacious recreation/media area has maple floors, expansive windows, and sliding glass doors to a large deck with spectacular views across the City; a walk-in closet and wet bar with quartz counter and U-Line wine cooler.
- Adjoining the recreation room is a full bath with skylight, limestone and travertine finishes, and a whirlpool tub with handheld spray.
- Second master bedroom suite is appointed with maple floors, a large sitting room with gas fireplace, and French doors to a spacious and private front deck overlooking the City.
- Finished in travertine and limestone, the sky-lit en suite bath is appointed with a dual-sink vanity, oversized whirlpool tub, glass-enclosed steam shower and skylight.
- Two generously-sized hardwood view decks allow access to morning or afternoon sun or shade. The front deck has retractable awnings perfect for entertaining or relaxation.